What Is Composite Siding?Composite siding is a design choice for the wall exterior of a house or commercial building, built with panels made of recycled plastic and wood. It has the appearance of real wood, but its durability and resistance to insects and the elements make it the superior choice for your needs. UltraShield technology makes our composite wall cladding resistant to stains, mold, fading and more so that you can enjoy a sturdy and dependable home exterior without having to worry about frequent maintenance.
What Is Composite Decking?Let’s say you need a new deck, but you’re unsure if you can rise to the challenge of caring for a real wood structure. Composite decks are similar to composite siding in that we build them both out of composite materials that simulate the look of real wood while providing a better life span and higher durability. We even protect our UltraShield products, including our composite decks, with a warranty of up to 25 years as part of our guarantee that they’ll last you for years to come.
What’s the Difference?Although we develop composite siding and composite decking with similar qualities and features, a few aspects set them apart, including:
- Interlocking panels: One of the main differences between composite siding and decking is that composite siding is built with interlocking planks. Composite exterior siding panels lock together to keep out moisture and materials that may cause damage to the building. This feature makes them uniquely fit to protect the exterior of the structure.
- Composite rain screen: Another feature of composite wall cladding that composite decks lack is a rain screen. Our rain screens act as water-resistant barriers, making composite siding better protected against harsh weather than composite decking. A composite rain screen creates a gap between the exterior wall and the siding, which allows air to flow and water to drain and evaporate rather than become trapped in the sheathing. Composite decks may not have full protection against the elements despite their durability against stains and moisture.
Ready to Invest in Composite Siding or Decking?Despite their differences, composite wall cladding and composite decking are home improvements that can save you money and energy as well as give you time to focus on more important things in your life. Try out our eco-friendly composite products today or send us a message on our website to learn more about our services.
- Composite Decking for Hot Tubs: Everything You Need to Know
- Should You Install Composite Decking or Patio Pavers?
- The Best Decking for Winter Weather
- How to Clean Composite Siding
- How to Install Decking on Stairs
- How to Keep Deck Boards Straight
- Composite Pool Decking
- How to Clean Composite Decking
- How to Lay Decking Joists
- Putting Deck Tiles on Concrete
- Choosing Siding for Your Home
- Installing Deck Tiles on Grass
- How to Pick a Composite Deck Color
- How To Build A Composite Deck | DIY
- How Composite Siding Is Different From Composite Decking
- Companies Partner With NewTechWood to Create Greener Buildings
- Top 8 Exterior Wall Cladding Ideas
- Compare Composite Siding and Vinyl Siding
- Compare Composite and Wood: Which Builds the Better Deck?
- How to Install a Composite Raised Garden