Having an outdoor shower as part of your pool is convenient for rinsing off after a swim. If you’re thinking of adding one to your backyard, it’s important that you choose the right materials, especially for the flooring. You want it to be comfortable, attractive and durable. If not, you won’t be able to get the maximum amount of enjoyment from your setup. Although there are a number of options out there, including natural hardwood, ceramic tile and concrete, the best choice for your project just might be composite decking. Made from a combination of natural wood fibers and recycled plastic, composites offer a number of benefits that make them ideal for an outdoor shower floor. Read on to learn more about why.
Why Composite Materials Work Best for Outdoor Showers
An outdoor shower floor DIY project becomes quick, easy and virtually maintenance-free when you use composite decking or composite deck tiles. Here are just a few reasons why you should consider them:
- Moisture resistant: Because it is made with plastic, composite deck material offers stronger waterproofing than most natural woods. This means it won’t be subject to damage caused by swelling and shrinking due to moisture absorption. Additionally, you won’t have to worry about growth of mold or mildew that can cause problems with wood flooring outdoors.
- Stylish options: If you want to have the look of a teak outdoor shower floor or any other type of wood, composite can deliver it alongside all the other benefits. These materials come in a wide variety of styles that feature unique wood grain patterns and colors to match just about any type of appearance you want for your space. Composite can look just like the real thing without all the hassle that comes with it.
- Simple installation: Composite also makes the best outdoor shower floors because it’s easy to install. Whether you use cut planks or tiles, these don’t require any additional work compared to other materials.
- Low maintenance: Protecting wood from moisture, UV exposure and mold means keeping it sealed, stained and cleaned on a regular basis. On the other hand, composite decking is already sealed against moisture, resists fading in direct sunlight and does not allow mold growth. This means you won’t have to spend much time keeping your shower floor in good condition.
- Enhanced comfort: You may not spend as much time in your outdoor shower as you would the one in your bathroom, but being comfortable while you use it still is important. Composite materials aren’t susceptible to splinters or cracks, and they don’t retain as much heat. This means you can stand on it barefoot without worrying about hurting your feet.
Trust NewTechWood for Your Project
Installing composite materials is one of the best outdoor shower floor ideas when you’re planning your project. NewTechWood is an industry leader with all the professional expertise needed to help you find the ideal solution for your needs. We have a wide range of products, including composite tiles, to make creating your outdoor shower area easy, affordable and exactly what you want it to be. With our help, you can have the backyard shower you’ve always wanted, and be sure that it will continue to offer the same level of comfort and performance for a long time to come.
To learn more about everything we can do for you, get in touch with us today.